February 24, 2020 – Star City, AR – Star City School District safety director Randy Raley has been nominated for the 2019-20 national LifeChanger of the Year award.
Raley was nominated by his superintendent, Jon Laffoon. He has worked tirelessly for the past year and a half to implement building safety teams, simulation drills, and create a district safety plan.
Raley is committed to improving his district’s safety on a daily basis. If someone asks him to help, he will pitch in. He always gives himself to help others and ensure that the staff and students are safe.
"Randy Raley is a truly selfless leader who has a heart to serve others," said Laffoon.
About LifeChanger of the Year
Sponsored by the National Life Group Foundation, LifeChanger of the Year recognizes and rewards the very best K-12 educators and school district employees across the United States who are making a difference in the lives of students by exemplifying excellence, positive influence and leadership.
Each school year, LifeChanger of the Year receives hundreds of nominations from all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Seventeen individual LifeChanger of the Year awards will be given during the 2019-2020 school year.
(1) Grand Prize Winner – will receive $10,000 to be shared with their school/district.
(4) Grand Prize Finalists – will receive $5,000 to be shared with their school/district.
(10) LifeChanger Award Winners – will receive $3,000 to be shared with their school/district.
(1) Spirit Award Winner – This award is given to the nominee whose community demonstrates the most support for their nomination. The winner will receive $5,000 to be shared with their school/district.
(1) Spotlight Award Winner – This award is given to a nominee in a specific discipline each year. For 2019-20, the Spotlight Award will be given to a nominee who has made a proven impact on school safety. The winner will receive $5,000 to be shared with their school or district.
Winners are announced via surprise award ceremonies held at their schools. The grand prize finalists will also be honored at a national awards ceremony in April 2020 in Florida, where the Grand Prize Winner will be revealed.
Winners are chosen by a selection committee comprised of former winners and education professionals. Nominees must be K-12 teachers or school district employees. To be considered for an award, nominees must
Make a positive impact in the lives of students
Enhance their school or district’s atmosphere, culture and pride
Demonstrate exemplary leadership at the school and/or district level
Possess a proven record of professional excellence
Show commitment to building a nurturing environment that supports learning
Adhere to the highest moral and ethical standards
A resource page with ideas for how to celebrate nominees can be found at http://lifechangeroftheyear.com/showspirit/.
To view Raley’s LifeChanger of the Year nominee profile, or to nominate someone from your school community, visit www.LifeChangeroftheYear.com